Wednesday, July 1, 2009

XLing in everything

I miss…
  • Amma’s shoulder in the night
  • Lazing around on the brown couch with dish tv
  • Fighting with Appa to watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S despite seeing that episode a million times
  • Playing every game in Amoeba with S
  • Vathakuzhambu and Keera mulagootal
  • Signing into google talk and connecting
  • Blossom browsing trips with Teletubby and Medusa
  • Waking up in the night without realising your t-shirt is soaked in sweat
  • Arguing with Pras about everything from deployments to food.
  • My Saturday night dinner outings with Amma and Appa
  • Discussing arbit facebook gossip with Kiks
  • Conversations about everything under the sun with D
  • My balcony when the rains arrive
  • Bangalore
  • You-tube-ing random rubbish with Nav.
  • My Blanket, book shelf & bean bag
I’ve learnt to…
  • Share a bathroom with 16 other girls
  • Loosen up a little and enjoy everything around me
  • Make my own bed
  • Operate a washing machine
  • Eat chapathi for two meals in a day
  • Live without internet access 24 hours of the day
  • Sleep for 3 hours and still function normally the next day
  • Not suffer Ver Se withdrawal symptoms
  • Manage Dhobi and Maid schedules
I love…
  • The pampering I get from everyone because I am away from home
  • Our girl talk sessions in the room at 1 in the morning
  • The dosa guy who stands right outside the building
  • Waking up hoping for rain every single day
  • Random conversations with S at 2 30 in the morning
  • The blast of air conditioner when I walk into the class from the heat
  • Having a power nap and waking up all refreshed
  • Going to the mailing office and seeing Amma’s handwriting on the courier
  • Astha adjusting my fan right after I lie down such that I don’t feel hot
  • Being singled out in class for being a psychology student
  • How project discussions suddenly turn into pictionary games
  • The Nimboo Paani at Dadus.
Looking ahead. Behind. All at the same time.

17 comments:

Dheeraj said...

:)
Finally.
Had been waiting for something like this to turn up.

Love it for the perspective. Keep it that way, don't let anything muddle it up. :)

Unknown said...

On the topic of YouTube trash, please head there and search for 'Sam Anderson'.

t2 said...

nice! sounds like you're enjoying yourself :)

tia

shanthi said...

Touching and happy.

Nice to see my little girl become a grown up

Keep updating this

Idhuvum Kadandhu povom : )

appa

The Grammartron said...

The font in the last line is different from the font in the rest of the post. Tsk.

Unknown said...

You didn't mention everyone's favourite GBMs... :D

Piyush Sethia said...

Lord bless you my chapati eating, hindi speaking friend :) :)

mumu said...

sharing bathroom with 16 people makes me miss hostel too :(

good to see you adjusting well ! and 3 hours of sleep ?? seriously??

PR said...

Welcome to hostel life!! ;-) No Ver Se withdrawal sysptoms.. That makes us two of a kind!!

hamsa said...

:)

(As profound as it might be)

Sumit said...

Good to know that you're starting to settle into the culture... :)

Roshmi Sinha said...

Awwwwwwwww!

Mandar Kulkarni said...

:) loved the last line!

Seshadri said...

agree with mandar :) ..and yeah, XL can't get u any of those things u miss - except for the vetthakuzhambu :P

Dk said...

it has just begun....
there is so much to happen...more better than worse...

hollywood :D

Shilpa said...

Loosen up a little??...

Now that I would like to see ;)

Yash said...

well written. u almost gathered up everything that almost everyone felt that time!!