Wednesday, October 15, 2008

N and P and 'Oh' so much in between!

N: Da, when can we see that on staging?
P: In a bit.
N: Can we check on staging now? Ask P.
A: P, can we check on staging?
P: In a bit.
A: P says In a bit.
P: Check now.
A: He says we can check now.
N: OK. Come down.

After frantic testing and 2 e-mails later..

A: P, why is this behaving this way?
P: Did you clear cache?
A: I did.
P: I'll look into it.
A: N, its acting strange.
N: Did you clear cache?
A: Yes I did.

P turns back to realize A and N looming behind him.

After many 'Ctrl+S's and selections later,

P: Oh. This was always behaving this way.
N: You mean to say live users are using this?!?!
P: Yeah. Actually see, this situation makes a lot of sense. We don't even need to rectify it if you ask me.
N (Incredulously): No da. That is not possible. Client facing requirements....
P: Are you telling me that not one person on earth will use our product without that feature?*

After twenty minutes:
A: Da, when can we see that on staging?

A comic situation for United Features Syndicate. Just another day at VSIPL.

2 comments:

DeepCee said...

I didn't get it...
But I think A's my fav :)

PR said...

Yet another typical day at VSIPL!!